Friday 14 October 2011

Better Luck Next Time...

 My first blog - very exciting!  I sit down to my laptop, eager to present “Bex Clune” to the world of blogging. I’ll get to criticize, review, complain about, describe and praise absolutely anything and everything I want. So much to do, so little time!
I resisted the temptation to go out last night (a Thursday – which, for a student, is basically obligatory) because I wanted to make my Friday afternoon super productive. I wouldn’t tolerate any distractions. The television was turned off, I completed my assignments so my mind would be focused on the task at hand and my phone out of reach.
All ready to get started…and my mind goes blank. Suddenly I have no opinions, no criticisms, no praises or reviews – absolutely nothing to say. Hmmm, what to write about…


So I find myself casually logging into Facebook, just for a second…I mean, what harm could it do? A friend was tagged in a photo from a recent night out wearing a red dress. Gorgeous dress, I’d love to know where she got it. Just for future reference, it’s not like I’ll buy it or anything. I’m a broke college student, I obviously have no intention of going on a shopping spree! After a brief (well, 30 minute) FB chat conversation, I discover she bought it online. I’m still having no luck thinking of a blog post idea so I find myself opening up http://www.asos.com/  Maybe I’ll get inspiration for a fashion post or something? Yes! Research! That’s it!This is going to be productive.


….Ooh look, a sale!


Cut to 2 hours later. After a lot of persuading to use my dad's credit card and promises to pay back every cent, I still have no ideas for my first post. 


Thanks blogging, you owe me €150.


No comments:

Post a Comment