Monday 13 February 2012

Would You Like a Proposal With Your Order?

Valentines’ Day Marriage proposals - Romantic or Tacky? 
With the infamous holiday approaching, many brands and stores are emphasizing how they can make popping the question more special with their rings/flowers/romantic venues etc.

But why waste your time and effort planning it all by yourself when you can get everything you need with an all-in-one proposal package at Pizza Hut?!

...Yes Pizza Hut.





So, the fast-food chain have decided to offer customers a "Tie-the-Knot with a $10 dinner box” package complete with limo service, flowers, fireworks, a videographer, a ruby ring (what, no diamonds?!?) and of course, the all-important dinner box, apparently the “most vital and appetizing piece of the package.” Ten lucky people will be able to avail of this limited promotion for the very specific price of $10,010 (tax and tip not included...)

...Classy


"If we're able to fit pizza, breadsticks and dessert into one box for only $10, why stop there?" Pizza Hut Chief Marketing Officer Kurt Kane asked.



While I get everyone's ideas of romance are different, I can't help but question the idea of being proposed to over a greasy, pan pizza in a crowed pizza place with florescent lights shining down on a ruby ring that matches the marinara sauce you’re chowing down. While it's probably a good deal financially, would you really want to look back on your engagement and have bread sticks be a talking point?


I’d seriously feel sorry for the poor girl who is “lucky” enough to have the opportunity to tie the knot in a “Pizza Hut-themed wedding at Pizza Hut headquarters.”

I kid you not.

While I’d definitely draw the line at a Pizza- Hut themed proposal, I'm a sucker for the cheesy, public non-traditional ones....






19 comments:

  1. Mother of God, if I'm ever proposed to in Pizza Hut... just kill me. haha I love that the Ruby ring is thrown in too, hilarious. Also $10k?! Are you kidding me.... Who's going to splash that out for Pizza Hut! I've really jinxed myself here - I'm totally going to get married there, aren't I? arrghhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...there's $10,010 dollars wasted by your poor fiancé to be. Poor man put in so much effort!

      Delete
  2. Haha I know I'd die, I'd throw the ring back in his face, grab the pizza and leave.

    Hahaha yep Jen, def jinxed yourself! You never know though, they might throw in TWO pizzas for the wedding!Jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Bex, thats brill:) Pity I didnt tell you of my brothers engagement for your inspiration! Keep up the good work!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaclyn, such a coincidence that he proposed the day I wrote this!!...Thank God he wasn't tempted by the Pizza Hut offer anyway!haha

      Delete
  4. Oh my god!!! That's hilarious can't believe it, warning to any guy out there never do it!!!! I would def say no!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, couldn't believe it...those poor poor girls!! I'm sure a lot of those proposals will have veeery awkward silences!

      Delete
  5. My god if someone proposed to me in pizza hut Id eat the pizza, say no and walk out!! The artist one is lovely though.. so romanitc!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's my favourite one too!...I went to go see the wall because it was done in New York but they'd taken it done by the time I got there :(

      Delete
  6. Pizza Hut??? Dear god you have to be joking.. Only in the States would they come up with that!
    The ring is a beaut but I think I'd have to decline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know ya....Hopefully they'll put up the proposals themselves on Youtube after!Would be hilarious/cringy!

      Delete
  7. I think i'm in shock after watching the first video - Engaged and married in the same 30 mins... brave man !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, nearly died when i saw it too...very brave, if I was her I would be like "RELAX!" haha...the proposal was very cute though!

      Delete
  8. Hahahaha pizza hut! Surprised McDonalds haven't latched on to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think McDonalds would be the only thing worse than this!!

      Delete
  9. Haha, seriously!? Wow.
    This would only be explainable as a joke. A hilarious, relationship-ending joke. Some commitment in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of comedy!

      Delete
  10. love this clune! came on for an ol update on the bex files and was not let down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it didn't disappoint....I feel under pressure now :o haha

      Delete