Saturday 4 February 2012

Surviving RAG Week...

Had a little too much fun last night and feel like you’re being brutally tortured? 

Unless your one of those abnormal freaks who doesn’t get hangovers, your body is mercilessly punishing you. You’ll definitely need some reinforcements to help reduce the severe, dehydration, cutting blindness and throbbing pain from the knife that’s stabbing your head.




Some say the best cure for a hangover is to avoid drinking. But it's RAG Week people, not an option.


This year we’re "responsible" Final Year students and may even have to venture into lectures during RAG Week (the horror, I know.) As I’ve been preparing for the week ahead, I can’t help thinking how I’m going to try and resemble a human being for my 9am lectures.

Here’s a checklist to avoid looking like Zach Galifianakis for the next week.



1.       Water…and lots of it – Winner of all hangover cures. No matter how much you think you’ve drank, always drink more.
2.       Shower – Seriously, not one to skip. Think of the person who has to sit next to you for that double lecture.
3.       Make – up – Requires effort but unfortunately needs to be applied. FYI, this is just for the girls – a face full of makeup on a guy might not be the best idea if you’re trying to tone down the hangover.
4.       Denial – Try convincing yourself you’re not about to die. Reassure everyone you meet that you “Feel fantastic – no hangover!” Never know, might work.
5.       Find some friends – Suffering in groups usually eases the dreaded “fear.”



Ta – da!! Sure, you couldn’t exactly run a marathon or anything but at least you’re able to function in society.

One hangover down, 5 more to go!

Mission accomplished – time to head over to the New Bar to get an early start on tonight’s plan.
You: 1, RAG Week: 0  (for now...)





18 comments:

  1. For some reason rule 1 does not apply to me! Water makes my hangovers waaaayy worse! I tend to just avoid food/drink for the day but thats not an option RAG week so gona have come up with a new strategy...
    Also anyone else finding hangovers getting increasingly bad on our "old age"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh seriously? Me and my bottle of water become best friends for the day, practically have it strapped to myself!

    Definitely agree about our old age though...How did we used to manage it?!?...Very jealous of all those fresh-faced first years!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still recovering from last week and that was just 2 nights! Definitely a sign of my age :( As much as I like your tips, I have a feeling that it will probably still be RAG week: 1, Me: - my dignity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha very true...RAG week usually wins in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha must agree with Mags and Megan, no matter what I do I can not seem to shift these awful hangovers!! It's terrible! Wish I could go back to the days where I would wake up fresh as a daisy no matter how much i drank . . not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you see me at 9am tomorrow your checklist will have worked !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too... mine are getting worse and worse as i get older!!! it takes me two days to get over a night out... my rag week may be limited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you def get bad ones!Yep, think I'll be taking this week to recover from RAG week!!

      Delete
  8. I have to agree mine are getting worse too...I've never tried convincing myself that I'm not hungover, will try tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hangovers are much better if they're a group activity. Nothing like all gathering round a TV and a cup of tea in a collective state of "Sweet merciful God I can't move".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Havent made any lectures this week! have to agree with Megan...the older u get the worse the hangover definatley!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! UCC and I saw VERY little of eachother this week!!

      Delete
  11. I thought the cure to a hangover was to keep drinking! Either way at 21 now, I'm old and feeble. Can't handle the drink like I used to. Fair play though Clune, think you were spotted in the Bowery nearly every night. That's hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't handle any of that "hair of the dog" business at all!
      Haha, yes but I paid for it dearly and/or slept all day for the week!
      Anyways, that me done for a gooood while now!

      Delete